Sunday, July 26, 2009

One Local Summer: Week 8

















This is one of those dishes that can be served at any meal. So far I've eaten it at breakfast, lunch and dinner. When I saw the word zucchini in title for this recipe on www.simplyrecipes.com I knew I had to make it. We were drowning in them.

Everything in it is local with the exception of the Parmesan and ricotta cheeses. It has eggs, fresh basil leaves, plum tomatoes, zucchini, onions, and four slices of day old bread that is diced. I made a pretty big batch so I'll probably end up freezing part of it. I'm going to spice it up a bit more next time I made it.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Zucchini is one of those things that there can never be too many recipes for. I don't eat eggs or cheese, but the concept itself is a tasty one, I bet there are variations to be had. Zucchini and basil is a combo that I've not tried yet, but why on earth not? How do they pair? I imagine with the onion and tomato, it all blends well?