Thursday, July 30, 2009

Harry Is An Uncle






























The births happened uneventfully and not in the middle of the night. Lia, Harry's puppy raiser in Reno, had seven pups born last Tuesday. The first picture shows mom Darlan not long before she gave birth. Looks a bit like a Labrador sausage. Her weight came down 20 pounds once the pups were all delivered.

There are four girls and three boys. The yarn around their necks indicates the birth order. All I know is Harleen had a hot pink collar, which meant she was fifth to be born. No idea if this is like the first born for humans. I'm a first born and proud of it.

Lia says everyone is doing well; pups are gaining weight and Darlan is keeping them clean and organized. As I've gotten to know Harry, I think it's a really good idea for him to not be there. He is rather rambunctious.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Oklahoma Girl said...

AWWWW!!! They are soooo cute. Glad Harleen is having fun with Harry. The puppies would probably be stressed with him bumbling around LOL.

Have a wonderful weekend. Hopefully, I will be back to posting soon. The move is done & I am on the final leg of unpacking & organizing. What a job!! but we love the new house. The furkids are so much more calm here. Really good vibes & energy in the house, yard, & neighborhood.

blessed be...

blogauthor said...

I know i've been facebooking too much when I was looking for the "Like" button to click ... !!

ADORABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kristin - The Goat said...

Congrats to Harry! I've only been around kittens being born and never by a breeder -- so I was wondering what in the world the little strings were all about. Thanks for clearing that up.

You're so welcome about the journal. I hope it is well wrecked by your recipient. I've had a blast with mine.