Wednesday, July 08, 2009

A Birthday Today

Harleen is one year old today. That's seven in human years which means she would probably be a second grader in the fall. The top picture was taken this morning. The bottom one is the day we picked her up from CCI, August 28, 2008.

She still likes to sit under my computer desk where my feet would normally go. When she was tiny, it worked out just fine. There was room for both of us. Apparently she still thinks she's tiny.

Lately she's also been trying to sit in my lap. Cute but painful to my lap. The ribbon is from the groomer whom she visited on Monday for a complete clean up. She still has not gone into heat.

Her brother Heron is coming to visit at the end of the month for two weeks. His puppy raiser is also a breeder caretaker for a pregnant dog. She'd prefer to have Heron out of the way when she whelps her first litter. Can't say that I blame her.
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Oklahoma Girl said...

Happy Birthday Harleen!! from the furkids: Lobo, Scrappy, & Zane the Magnificant. Our Mom says Happy Birthday, too!!


blessed be...

Mrs4444 said...

Awww. Has it been a year already?! When will you have to cut her loose?

blogauthor said...

O! M! G! A year????

You got her after you visited us, so clearly, you are due a visit here. ASAP!

Kristin - The Goat said...

Happy Happy! She's really quite a bit bigger than her first photo lol Maybe if you show it to her she'd understand LOL

Anonymous said...

that last pic just makes me want to kiss her right on the forhead.
so doggone adorable!

Deb said...

priceless!

I haven't left comments before, but I want to say that I really enjoy your blog. Good job!