Sunday, January 25, 2009

Spring Can't Be Far Away






Got an e-mail yesterday from The Natural Trading Company; it's the organic farm up the road from us where we get our vegetables for 22 weeks from May into October. Every Tuesday I pick up our CSA (Community Supported Agriculture) box at the farm. If you've never done this before, please consider finding a CSA in your area. Just go to http://www.localharvest.org/ and find out where there is a CSA close to your community. For example, if you live in Indiana there are 41 CSA locations in your state. It's a great way to support local farms and get healthy food too.

We learned to eat lots of new vegetables last summer using the recipes that our farmers supplied and, of course, Google recipe searches. Probably doubled the amount of vegetables we were eating. The cost for a small box (great plenty for the two of us) is just $20 per week. So think about it. You could be even healthier by next fall. Let me know if you have other ways to find CSAs.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love buying local whenever I'm able and appreciate all the tips you put on your blog.

blogauthor said...

Excellent! I just found 5 places within very easy driving distance (and 2 I already patronized, yay me).