Thursday, February 21, 2008

She's Still Stable

Nothing much to report about Vicky, which is the good news. There is no bad news. She is still on dialysis and the ventilator. But lately the nurses have been asking about her hearing aid. Today the nurses talked to my brother about her hearing loss and what the best way is to talk to her. They have her hearing aid and glasses in the drawer next to her bed along with additional batteries.

Kerry and I are flying to Minneapolis next Tuesday to spend a week with my sister and family. My brother is still there. He's going home on Sunday. I left Minneapolis in 1971 and have only occasionally visited. The rule, which my family knows, is that I don't visit after Nov. 1 (well once in 1999) and I don't visit before May 1. As I'm sure you know it's after Nov. 1 and before May 1. I'm not even sure I know where my warm clothes are.

The good news about the weather is that it will be above zero all next week (even at night). This week it got down to 25 below zero. The only time I will be outside is when I go from the car to whatever building I'm entering. I am a wimp when it comes to cold weather.

Once again my brother-in-law said to thank everyone for their prayers and positive energy. I don't think it's time to stop, however. We still have a long way to go.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you and your sister are still in my thoughts and prayers.

blogauthor said...

Same as rhonda, I am continuing to send positive thoughts to all of you. I have the same rule about MN by the way. :)