Sunday, February 17, 2008

Good News

Well, once again she bounced back. Her good health when she went into the hospital was so important; it has helped in so many ways. Plus my sister is very strong-willed, just like me. We don't give up easily.

Her collapsed lung re-inflated and her blood oxygen level is 100%. Her blood pressure is normal. They got another couple of liters of fluid out of her today thanks to the dialysis and the opening of her incisions. Gas that had built up in her belly was pressing down in her kidneys as well as making her belly swell. Now that the gas has been released her kidneys are doing much better but she will stay on dialysis. She received two units of whole blood today because her hemoglobin level was low.

So my goal is to get my sister to my son's wedding on Oct. 4th at the Grand Canyon. Everyone needs a goal; she can't set any right now so Neil and I have done it for her.

This means that your prayers and positive energy are working. If you could just keep it up for a while longer.... We are not out of the woods yet but I do think we see a clearing ahead.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

loved the title of this post.
my heart is happy for you and your family.

dykewife said...

i hope her progress continues to be positive.

still sending reiki