Sunday, August 16, 2009

One Local Summer: Week 11

























Probably should have put the meat on a smaller plate; it looks sort of puny.

The meat is barbecued flank steak with the BBQ sauce I made earlier this summer. The salad consisted of cucumbers, tomatoes, lots of fresh basil, onions, garlic, toasted french bread chunks and a vinaigrette dressing.

Everything but the vinegar was locally produced.

Yesterday I made tomato sauce. I've used up all the tomatoes I currently have but there are more on the way. We ate some last night over pasta and leftover chicken. Still have two quarts in the refrigerator. I added some carrots to the sauce; I have a ton of them too so figured it wouldn't hurt and might make the sauce even healthier. For a bit of a kick I added red pepper flakes.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: