Monday, August 24, 2009

Another Reason I Love Obama





He has this book with him to read on his vacation. Several other books make up the collection; they all tell you that this is a man of eclectic reading taste. Kent Haruf is a wonderful author that gets into the hearts and minds of ordinary people leading ordinary lives; we find out they are not so ordinary after all.

I love to read; it started when I was in grade school and ended up in the hospital a lot with pneumonia. My mother got me books from the library and thus began my lifelong love of books.
They introduce you to people you might never have known, take you to places both physical and psychological that you might not get to and fill your mind with images both sad and happy.

Here are some of the books I've read this year: Madonnas of Leningrad, Widow of the South, Three Cups of Tea, My Sister's Keeper, When a Crocodile Eats the Sun, Saving Fish from Drowning, Edgar Sawtelle, The Space Between Us, and Friday Night Knitting Club.

In case you think I'm a reading snob, I love Stewart Woods (especially on CD), Janet Evanovich, and Diane Mott Davidson (her recipes are delicious). I'm also a big fan of Elizabeth George mysteries. I've read them all.

Reading has made my world a much better one. What have you read this year that you'd recommend?
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

blogauthor said...

The Working Poor
Let Me Tell You Where It Hurts
The Book of Vice
My Lobotomy
Julia Child: My Life in France
Not Buying It
I'm a Stranger Here Myself

.... that's just the last 2-03 months!