Thursday, August 13, 2009

Applique And Turkeys



































The two applique blocks are for the Baltimore Album Quilt I've been working on since January. Four more blocks to go. We are learning some wonderful techniques to make flowers. The little bluebells on the right are made from ribbon. Click to bigify.

The turkeys don't fit very well with the applique but decided to publish them together. This time of year the mom turkeys wander about the area with their babies looking for food. They come through here every afternoon about five. My cats want at them but run like crazy when the turkeys arrive. My bird feeders are getting lots of use right now, especially the ones for hummingbirds. I refill them once a day. I've counted as many as 8 hummers at a time. It's hard to count them because they move so quickly. Just read that they can reach 65 miles per hour.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: