Sunday, August 09, 2009

One Local Summer: Week 10

No photos this week. We had eaten everything when we realized that I'd forgotten to take a picture; you are going to have to use your imagination.

First, imagine pork spare ribs from Coffee Pot Ranch. I slow-baked them covered in the oven with lots of my homemade BBQ sauce. After four hours at 225 degrees, the meat fell off the bone.

Second, it was almost time for a new CSA box so I knew I had to use up a lot of vegetables. When in doubt oven roasting does the trick. I chopped potatoes, carrots, peppers, kohlrabi, onion and garlic and put them in a Ziploc bag. I poured liberal amounts of Chaffin Farms EVOO over the veggies and then spread them on a cookie sheet. Added some salt and a liberal dose of cumin and then I tucked them into a 425 degree oven for 30 minutes. I am lucky enough to have two ovens.

So that's it for this week. I'll try to remember the camera in the future.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ohhhhh I can imagine!
Sounds so very yummy!

Tell me have you always cooked like this?
You should be a chef.

Creamy Silver said...

Good plan with the veggies. You are very resourceful in that way.

Two ovens?? JEALOUS!