Wednesday, March 25, 2009

I'm Home

The photo isn't very clear but I figured it was worth posting. It's a stack of mattresses at the Minneapolis Airport. Due to storms, some folks spent last night at the airport. They put these out for those unlucky souls. Just more of that Midwestern caring. I got home pretty late but I did get home.

First thing I did this morning was dig into the freezer to find locally raised ground beef and marinara sauce I made last summer. Both packages are defrosting. Then I toasted some homemade bread to have with my coffee.

My list of catch-up chores is long but satisfying. Weeding is at the top of my list. It's sort of a meditative thing. The bird feeders need lots of replenishing too.

Harleen is snoring at the moment; the cats are outside hunting for whatever gladdens their little kitty hearts. I'm just so thankful that my sister is doing well and that I'm home with Kerry and the critters.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

glad to hear that you got home safely. sorry that we didn't get to see you before you left.

blogauthor said...

Mattresses??? Wow, that is amazing. I've spent more than one night slumped over in a hard chair or laying on the floor with my head on my lumpy carry-on.

Welcome home!

Kristin - The Goat said...

I'm so glad that you were able to come home without any troubles and not having to sleep on those mattresses. How cool that they had them though.

How wonderful you could take the two weeks and be with Vicky. It was a blessing to both of you, I'm sure.