Tuesday, April 01, 2008

It's Never Too Early To Plan....

For Christmas. This is the cruise ship (Holland American Lines Oosterdam) we will board on Dec. 27th in San Diego for a glorious week of sun and fun on the Mexican Riviera (Puerto Vallarta, Mazatlan and Cabo San Lucas). Kerry's sister found the cruise and a great price ($1400 per person) and we get a balcony. She is an excellent shopper. His part of the family will all be there.

The last cruise I took was in 1974. I was married to my ex-husband. I'm not sure how we ended up on the cruise, but it left from Miami and cruised some great spots in the Caribbean, well except for Haiti. I think we were the youngest people on the cruise by about 30 years. There was a priest at our table. Not sure how he got there.


Last Christmas we talked about doing something really different in 2008. Kerry's nephew and his wife were in Cancun; we all said, why aren't we there too?

I have been to all of the cities on the cruise just not on a cruise ship. Doesn't matter, I will enjoy it all and bring along my Imodium AD and Cipro just in case. In fact my ex-husband and I spent our first honeymoon in Mazatlan. He got really sick. The second time I married him (slow learner) we honeymooned in Cabo San Lucas.

Now Kerry and I will be able to enjoy the wonderful cruise and the places we will stop. I woke up this morning not even thinking about Christmas and here I am writing about a cruise. Just shows you never know what the day will bring. That's the great thing about life.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: