Monday, February 12, 2007

The Nest Is Emptying

My brother left this morning for the last day of depositions in Stockton. He flies out of Sacramento around 5 tonight. The turtle is still in the driveway. Doug says he's leaving tomorrow...but Doug is not really into specificity. Knowing Doug, he will leave when he leaves. Sort of the Zen approach to life. Seems to work for him. Meanwhile Kate is trying to look her meanest to deal with the two marauding Jack Russell terriers who live next door. (Yes, I liked Eddie on "Frasier" but Eddie is not like the two who live next door.) The two next door live on ten acres and they still come to poop in our front yard. That's enough about Jack Russell terriers.

Why is it that when men use my computer they feel compelled to change things. My brother added the "seti" site where they are searching for ET. None found so far, plus he added an icon that is quite large that shows the current temperature in Lincoln, the weather forecast for the next few days, the moon phase and the time in analog. I didn't ask for any of these things. Women use my computer and never change a thing. Oh well, maybe men just can't help themselves. My son does the same thing when he's here. He also likes to adjust the color on our TV.

Lots of laundry to do today now that folks are leaving. Our refrigerator has so many leftovers that we won't have to cook for a week.

Today I'm going to do some experimenting with breakfast foods for Kerry. He needs a bit more protein in the morning than he's currently getting. I found a blog with low glycemic recipes. She had a few for breakfast that can be made in larger batches and then frozen. He could take one out the night before and by morning it would be thawed. Bacon and cheese breakfast casserole, broccoli cheese breakfast casserole, egg burritos made with low carb tortillas, and egg muffin sans the muffin are just a few of them. I'm going to try one today and see if he likes them. His diabetes is under control, but he's getting tired of the breakfast he's eating. It's his least favorite meal of the day so I'd like to try to make it interesting and tasty. I'll let you know how they turn out. That way I might not have to nag him about eating breakfast, which he would skip if he could.

No rain in the last 24 hours. The sun is peaking through the clouds. I have one daffodil that I'm sure will open today. It's later than last year, but that's probably due to the cold weather we had in January.

No comments: