Monday, February 19, 2007

My Weariness Is Lifting....

This morning I'm finally feeling like my old self, sort of. Yesterday I took Kerry to the airport early in the morning. He's in Palm Desert with his sisters and brother-in-law. I couldn't go due to commitments here. All I did on Sunday was sleep, stare at the television and walk around my garden. I was bone-tired. I told Kerry on the way to the airport that being this popular is really hard on my body. Doug came in from his turtle for some dinner last night. I think he realized how tired I was so didn't stay long. This morning I slept until 9:30. I woke up earlier but decided not to get up and promptly went back to sleep. One more good night sleep should do it. An aerobic walk on the treadmill will help too.


Doug took the picture to the left and below. It's an Annas Hummingbird. They don't migrate so spend a lot of time at my feeders (I have two) all year. Those little tiny black dots on the red feeder are ants. I don't seem to be able to keep them out of the feeders, but the hummers and ants co-exist nicely. I need to make more nectar today. Both feeders are empty plus they have emptied the one for Orioles.


In the photo on the right you can see the iridescent patch of red under the chin. Iridescent feathers mean that you can only see the color when the light strikes those feathers. That's why many people think the hummers are not very colorful.

That's enough bird information for the day. Happy Birthday George Washington. He's 275 years old today.

No comments: