Monday, May 11, 2009

Food, Glorious Food....

I stole that from the musical "Oliver." But it describes how I feel about our dinner tonight. It's all about glorious leftover food: BBQ beef tenderloin and oven-roasted cauliflower. That's the basis. Add flour tortillas (burrito sized), black beans and sour cream. It doesn't take much to make a wonderful locally grown meal.

I'm already planning for tomorrow because I have book group tomorrow night so I have to eat early and Kerry eats later. Pork stew meat will go in the crock pot early in the day with an assortment of vegetables, spices and homemade chicken stock. For some reason I've never made pork stock.

It's farmer's market tomorrow morning, which is always exciting.

Plus next Sunday we are going to our first Slow Food USA event. It's a dinner in a 100-year-old olive orchard. All the food and wine will be locally produced.

Wednesday is platelets: so far I'm at 113 pints.

If you've never thought about it, give it a try. Whole blood, platelets and plasma are always needed. Check it out. The people there are really nice and in the summer you get coupons from Baskin Robbins for free ice cream.

No comments: