Saturday, November 01, 2008

The Right Way To Weigh?

And all this time you thought you were supposed to stand on the scale. Well Ramsays Farm blogger in Perham, MN had this on his blog. I shamelessly stole it; it just tickles my funny bone.

Busy weekend around here. My brother arrived on Thursday evening. Today he's running in a 50K (31 miles) race; it's pouring rain so I don't think it's probably very enjoyable. He left our house at 5 a.m. for a 7 a.m. race start. He figures it will take him about 7 hours. Meanwhile I snuggled in our warm bed and then got up for coffee and toast.

He's still a vegan but when he's not at home he adds dairy to his diet. Makes it lots easier to feed him. He said it was just to hard to eat when he's away on business and other travels.

This weekend his wife, Charlotte, is in Panama visiting her daughter, Cassie, who is in the Peace Corps. The trip had been planned for a while but then Cassie got seriously ill (she's in the hospital in Panama City) so mom flew there a day earlier than planned. She has an infection in her eye socket and is on IV antibiotics. No idea how this all started but I'm sure she's glad to have her mom there. Her brother, Brad, who lives in L.A. joined mom yesterday.

Richard called the hospital last night to talk to Charlotte but had to ask me to say room 420 in Spanish because the switchboard lady didn't speak English. So my four years of high school Spanish and my undergraduate degree in Spanish came in handy.

We were supposed to have puppy kindergarten this morning rain or not. Kerry and I were going to take our little princess but when we looked at how hard it was raining we opted out. Harleen would have loved it. We would not have.

Thursday night I cooked my first Indian dish: fried potatoes and cauliflower in tomato soup with rice. It wasn't that hard to make but it had a list of ingredients a mile long including some spices I had trouble finding. The cookbook I used is one that Julia recommended because it's vegetarian. Last night I made a vegetarian pot pie with a philo dough crust. Tonight we are having left overs. Every time my brother is here we eat tons of vegetables.

This week we are going to try goat meat. The meat club we belong to offered it so I bought some and will try it out this week. I'll let you know how it turns out.

With all this rain, I think I'll go back to bed for a nap.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: