Sunday, November 05, 2006

Wine Tasting

 Yesterday some good friends took four of us wine tasting in El Dorado and Amador Counties. This is a part of California that grows wonderful grapes to make red wines: zinfandels, cabernet sauvignons, and merlots. The vineyards are all at about 2,000+ feet. We took our first sip at 10 a.m. and our last at 5 p.m., which is where I took this picture. I went outside to sit and enjoy the view and found the full moon was rising. The winery where I took the photo is Bella Piazza in Amador County. In between tastings we had a wonderful picnic at Perry Creek Vineyard. I love cream cheese with jalapeno jelly on top of rice crackers. Yummy. After a day of tasting our host and hostess treated all of us to dinner at the Bee Bennett House in Placerville, CA. Yummy food. No one ordered wine, however. We had had enough by that time. I had a beer which hit the spot. Posted by Picasa

No comments: