Thursday, November 30, 2006

Comet Is Ailing...

 She is 15, which is old for any animal. We took her to the vet today. I dreaded the trip. Our vet said she is dehydrated, anemic and has some other blood stuff going on. Right now she's sleeping in the little teepee/pyramid in which she was photographed. She did drink a lot of water when she got home and she's still eating, but her weight is 5.8 pounds. She's never been any heavier than about 12 pounds. Most of my cats have had bellies dragging on the ground, but not Comet. We get the blood work results tomorrow. She was a Petco pet when I adopted her. My last cat had died of natural causes at 19. Comet is the most affectionate cat I've ever had. She looks very peaceful. I am always an optimist about these things. I would like her to pull through but only time will tell. This is one of those times when you are powerless to make things happen. I'm not good with powerlessness. Send Comet energy. And maybe a bit for me too. Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

dykewife said...

reiki energy coming your way and to your itty kitty.

Anonymous said...

awww, hope Comet feels better!