Sunday, November 26, 2006

We Bought An Artificial Christmas Tree

  I've wanted a fake tree for a couple of years just because it's so much easier, especially now that they come with the lights. This way I can concentrate on being creative with the tree and not spending hours stringing lights and then vacuuming up needles when I forget to water it. We got a 9-1/2 foot Carolina Pine. Instead of the really wide tree, this one is called a "slim tree." It's great for little spaces when you don't want the tree to take over your room. Bought it at Home Depot for $149. It very easy to put together. Also got a food dehydrator today. I'm really tired of making tomato puree. I have enough to last me a long time and my friends are getting tired of receiving it. Now I'm going to dry them. I don't think they will ever stop ripening. I even have little yellow flowers.

I planted 120 bulbs yesterday; mostly rannunculus, daffodil, and Iris. Today it's raining so my timing was perfect. I also did one last feed for the trees and a few other plants. I don't have to feed again until March.

The photo is my son Mark. It was taken by my brother in Evergreen, Colorado where Mark visited them for Thanksgiving. He looks so grown up (he's 31 so I guess he is). He is a wonderful son. I'm so proud of him. Posted by Picasa

No comments: