Wednesday, March 29, 2006

The Tale of the Toilet....

  I am no stranger to foreign bathrooms. I lived in Europe for three years as a reporter so I've experienced many types. It's just that I was much younger back then and my knees worked a whole lot better. I did finally figure out how to use the squat ones while having bad knees, but I definitely preferred the other. The Western toilets were labeled "handicapped". Didn't bother me a bit. So what are my criteria for a bathroom in China: (1) sit-down toilet (2) clean (3) flushable squat toilet (4) toilet paper (5) soap to wash your hands and (6) not having to share the washing area with the men's room. I know it's weird to be writing about toilets but we drank a lot of beer so were always in need. For you ladies, they have lines in China just like in the U.S. but not for the men's room. Some things you can count on. Our hotel rooms all had western bathrooms. Posted by Picasa

No comments: