Monday, March 27, 2006

No. 41 Pedaled My Rickshaw

  I was very uncomfortable with this situation. I have no idea how much this young man made or what his life was like but I just felt like a slave owner when he was pedaling us to lunch. He was very nice, had a blanket to cover our legs and always smiled. But I kept wondering what he was thinking. Was he worried about something or someone. Where would he be this evening. I would have made a terrible slave owner. Luckily the trip was not long. Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

dykewife said...

at least it wasn't a pedicab with the rickshaw "driver" running. think of it this way, he might make a fair bit in tips from tourists, he gets to be outside rather than stuck in a stuffy office job and he gets a lot of exercise. it also gives you a more leisurely ride and doesn't pollute (unless he's eaten an interesting lunch).