Wednesday, September 09, 2009

Kentucky Reunion

I've been struggling with how to write about the reunion. The food was fabulous, the setting (as you can tell from the pictures) was fabulous and the people were so friendly and warm. So what do I write about?

Here's the link to my photos. Paste it into your browser.
http://picasaweb.google.com/countrygirl12445/KentuckyReunion2009#

Answer: The fact that I am jealous of a family that cares so much for each other that people travel many miles to be there once a year to celebrate the fact that they are related. No bickering just lots of love and joy. I don't think it's just southern hospitality. I could tell by the way they interacted that they really like each other.

No wonder my brother loves his in-laws so much. They love him warts and all.

That's what I wanted from my family. My parents did not set a very good example. My dad stopped speaking to his older brother in 1948 over a disagreement about $400. They died on the same day of the same horrible disease, emphysema. So we never really saw that part of the family. I have cousins I've never met.

Kerry has the type of family that I wanted; they really love each other and have fun together. So my brother and I both found great families. I wish that for everyone.

No comments: