Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Our TV Died Last Night

Kerry, pictured here, could barely contain his glee when he told me this morning that our TV died last night. He has wanted a big screen TV for as long as we have lived in the country (5 years). Thanks to my friend Susan who told me about a purchase her daughter and son-in-law had made, we now have a 42-inch HDTV from Target at a reasonable (?) price. Am I happy. No. Is it necessary. Yes. I guess. I would have been happy to become one of those households without television. I guess we will get more people to attend our Superbowl party next February. And Kerry thinks he will have more friends because he has a big screen TV. I will have to paint behind the current TV. It's housed in a wonderful wooden piece of furniture. Luckily I still have the paint. Notice his shirt matches the van. That's all for now.
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

dykewife said...

i can totally relate to kerry's glee. i wish that my tv would die but the darn thing shows no signs of an impending implosion though it's crossed my mind to help it along with a well aimed shoe. :D

Anonymous said...

Per a report in a national news magazine, your new TV is likely to consume 3X electricity as your old TV. And in case you didn't know this --although your former professional interests would indicate you probably do-- the TV continues to suck electricity when it is turned off. (Ditto for all electronics.) I have everything on power strips that can be turned off when not in use.

Creamy Silver said...

When Bob first started insisting we get one of the new BIG teevee's I wasn't totally on board.

Then I saw Young and the Restless for the first time in HD. I LOVE THAT TEE VEE.

You two enjoy!

blogauthor said...

Wheeler will be his friend now! :)

blogauthor said...

dykewife ... you may want to look into burglers? :)

Anonymous said...

I know that this new television has been Kerry's desire for a long time, but how did the old one die?
Did he give it the Kivorkian treatment? Just kidding, Kerry.

Anonymous said...

Kerry's so funny, Kathy! You will enjoy your new tv, I'm sure. Especially when you watch HGTV in high-def. :)