Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Today's Field Trip



















Here's what we bought at Chaffin Family Orchards in the Oroville/Chico area. Found them via Twitter, visited their web site http://www.chaffinfamilyorchards.com/ and stopped by to buy stuff today. We got a 5 lb. pasture-raised chicken, a dozen eggs (including that beautiful green one), EVOO from their own very old olive trees and low sugar apricot and peach jam.

Then we went to Durham to pick up a quilt I had left there 10 weeks ago for quilting. It turned out just beautifully. I'll take a picture of it when I have sewn on the border. Then on to Chico to La Hacienda, a great Mexican restaurant that serves this wonderful salad dressing. We will be having leftovers for dinner.

I'm off to nap for a bit. Traveling can be tiring.

Check out Chaffin Family Orchards if you are in the area. Not fancy but wonderful wholesome locally grown food. Locavores Rule!!!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Kristin - The Goat said...

Ooooh goodness. I was hungry before I came over to your blog. Now I'm wanting eggs and chicken :) Guess I'll go to bed first lol