Thursday, April 09, 2009

Soup For Dinner




















It's cold and rainy for the third day in a row so it's time for soup. Cauliflower, leeks, green garlic, a few potatoes and cheddar cheese. At the grocery store I found the amazing item pictured here. It's an oyster mushroom from Canada. That breaks my locavore rules, but I just had to have it as did the woman who saw them first. I've seen them packaged but never like this. Just like it was plucked from a tree trunk. It's a pretty fragile mushroom so I won't add it to the soup until near the end. Cooking is such an adventure.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Creamy Silver said...

That is an insane looking creature. Almost gives me the heebs!

Was is good?

Oklahoma Farmgirl said...

YUMMY!! Happy Easter!

Blessed be...

Kirby3131 said...

Oh, they look gorgeous! and delectable. How was the soup?