Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Soaring Lessons Anyone....

 As many of you know, my favorite breed of dog is the Golden Retriever. But not far behind is the border collie. I've had both. My friend Doug has a border collie named Kate. She is just wonderful. Smart as a whip. Goldens are smart too but they don't necessarily want everyone to know that. You might raise your expectations about them, and then they would feel the pressure of performing or obeying. Border collies are not like that. They live to obey. Kate is like that. When Doug goes to Burning man in late August, we get to keep Kate while he is gone. Burning Man is not for the refined taste and sensitivites of someone like Kate. Since losing my Golden Emily, Kate's visit is my favorite time of the year. Her owner likes to go soaring but as you can see from the picture Kate could soar without need of a craft of any kind. I will spoil her rotten while she's here. Counting the days. Posted by Picasa

No comments: