Tuesday, June 06, 2006

A Bumper Crop Of Lizards

 Lizards were on our property long before our house was even built, but this year we seem to have a bigger crop than usual and they seem to be much bigger than last year. Comet, our cat, delights in chasing them both inside and outside the house. She usually loses interest long before she inflicts the deadly blow. That means the lizards hang out in the house if this is where she played with them. Yesterday I was sitting in the wicker chair in my office looking through some photos. I put my hand down to my left and felt something move. I leaped up and shrieked. It was a lizard who had been sitting right next to me. Kerry quickly responded and took the lizard outside. This morning Comet was chasing another lizard under my desk so I was trying to keep my feet up off the floor while typing. They are cute at a distance. The underbelly of our lizards is this luminous aqua blue. The top is just plain lizard. They seem to spend a lot of time doing push ups or at least something that looks like push ups. Maybe they are getting in shape to taunt Comet. They seem to live in every crack and cranny on the property. It's fun to watch them scurry when either Kerry or I go out on the deck. Posted by Picasa

No comments: