Tuesday, June 06, 2006

An Old Bird Joins The Flock




I have been driving past the store, Il Giardino, where this rooster has lived for the past few weeks. Everytime I see him I think "I've got to have him." Today I finally stopped and bought him. He is 5'4" tall and is made out of scrap metal that is welded together. You definitely need a tetanus shot before you touch him. The shopkeeper and I tried in vain to get him in the back of my SUV. That must have been a funny sight. Finally, I came home and asked Kerry to take the truck and go pick him up. Right now he's under the oak tree in the front yard. We are trying him out there for a while. We'd like to name him so any and all name suggestions would be appreciated.

1 comment:

dykewife said...

there was an old children's show that i grew up with called "the friendly giant" the show featured friendly and his (you guessed it) friends. every morning i'd watch the show and enjoy the music. he played different tones of recorder, from soprano to bass. anyway, part of the beginning was, "look up. look waaaay up and you'll see me." and then he'd call jerome, the giraffe and then he'd call his rooster that lived in a bag that hung form the wall. the rooster's name was "rusty"

so there's the background to my choice. i can't think of a better name for a scrap metal rooster.