Sunday, September 25, 2005

Miscellaneous from the country

It's been a great Sunday. It's warm with a bit of a breeze and clear blue skies. Just got back from Auburn where we had a very late breakfast at our favorite place: Edelweiss. It's sort of a hole-in-the-wall, but the food is fabulous. I had the pastrami and swiss cheese omelet. No biscuits today because a whole bunch of bikers stopped at Edelweiss on their way home from Reno's big biker thing. They all wanted biscuits and gravy so the latecomers like us had to make do with toast or English muffins.

I don't go to church anymore. I worship at the altar of the New York Times Sunday crossword puzzle. Today is a tough one. Had to use my dictionary and cheated by checking some things on Google.

Next I'm going to read the Style section to see all the kinds of clothes I won't be wearing this year because they look so funny. Really, women will wear anything if some male designer says it's the in thing or if it costs a lot of money.

Just finished a really good book that was recommended and loaned to me by my friend Marilyn. The book is "Stiff, The Curious lives of Human Cadavers". The author is Mary Roach. Hard to believe but there is laugh-out-loud stuff in the book. "Dead Man Driving" is a particularly interesting chapter. Yes, sometimes they use cadavers as crash dummies.

I think I'll go knit for a while. I'm making myself some purple socks for winter. I get my new digital camera on Wednesday so I can take a picture of the sock I'm knitting.

No comments: