Friday, September 23, 2005

Life in the Big City

Spent two days in San Francisco for long business meetings with a new client. Nice people but I'm just not used to sitting still for two days. Plus the city is so noisy and congested. I just felt I was in the middle of a bad dream. Everywhere you went there were people vying for spaces...everything from a parking place to a seat at the bar. It's hard for me to believe that I used to thrive on life in San Francisco. I even found myself getting depressed yesterday when we were heading out for social hour and dinner to get better acquainted. All I wanted to do was go home.

I woke up in the middle of the night last night and just stood by our bedroom window so I could hear the water rushing down the hill from the upper pond to the lower pond. It was a beautiful sound. And that was the only sound. So soothing.

There was an Oracle convention in town with 40,000 in attendance. That probably made it even worse. I didn't get the sense that anyone else at the meeting wanted to go home. I'm definitely a country girl.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Weatherman resigns to pursue hurricane theory
A Pocatello weatherman who gained attention for an unusual theory that Hurricane Katrina was caused by the Japanese mafia using a Russian electromagnetic generator has quit the television station.
It's nice to read a great blog like yours! I'm impressed!

You may enjoy our website about Stock Picks or Stock Picks and related interests.

If you ever have time, visit our website. More importantly continue your great work!