Wednesday, December 08, 2010

Oh, Canada, I am Pissed!




















I thought I had discovered an economical way to order two of my asthma prescriptions for which there are no generics: Advair $311 per month and Singulair $200 per month. I'm in the Medicare "donut hole" so they are not covered right now. (It's a long story; don't ask). The first Advair order came without a hitch. It was $159 for a month's supply. Nice. www.canadapharmacy.com said it would take 10-12 business days to arrive. That meant my last order should have been here on Dec. 6, last Monday.

It didn't arrive; when it didn't arrive the next day I called the 800-number. While the company says it's in Vancouver, Canada, that doesn't mean that's where they buy the drugs. My Advair comes from "the United Kingdom, said the person on the phone." He added that bad weather, higher security and the holidays had delayed my drug.

I pointed out that he represented a pharmacy that supplied medications to people who needed them; he did not work for Nordstroms. Actually Nordstroms would have cared more about a lost order than this guy.

Turns out when you call and place your order, they tell you where it's coming from, but when you place it online (as I did) you are not told this. So now it might arrive this week. Meanwhile I'm out of Advair. I finally hung up the phone and fumed. That's one thing about cell phones, you can't slam the receiver down and blast the listener's eardrum. Pushing "end call" is sort of anti-climactic.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

negyana05 said...

Did it finally arrive? I need to buy Singulair for my husband who has a huge deductible and a month supply is $175...would you recommend it?

country girl said...

It arrived after 8 weeks. I have not dealt with them since. I thought about trying to buy Singulair through them but decided to just pay the high price in the U.S. The drug has really helped my asthma. Give them a try if you are not in a hurry to get the drug.