Sunday, August 13, 2006

My Next Car...Not An SUV

 For the past four years I have been driving a forest green Toyota Sequoia. It seats 8 with lap belts, has ten cup holders and five places to charge cell phones. On occasion I have had people in the back seat but rarely in the back, back seat. I have loved driving it. You are up high, which is very nice when you are as short as I am. But alas, it guzzles gas. I've been averaging 15-17 mpg. for the four years of the lease. Recently I have been spending between $60 and $75 for gas. The tank holds 23 gallons. Just don't want to do that anymore.

My lease is up so it's going back to Golden Bear Leasing in Walnut Creek. My next car will be a Prius, which is a hybrid. The photo shows the actual car and color I will get. One weird thing about this car is that you just push a button to start the engine. No key. Also, there is a small camera mounted in the back of the car so you can see your way into a parking space. I wish I had had one on the Sequoia. I'm going to charge the whole thing to my Visa card so I get the mileage. I'll be carless until early September. The man with whom I live has enough vehicles for both of us so I won't have to stay home. I can't face going to a dealership just before we leave on vacation. I've never had a good experience with a salesmen. So when we return on August 23rd I'll make the trek to the dealer. Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just when you are going smaller, I bought a Kiwi Green Honda Element. If I drove much, the 20-something mileage would be a problem, but I don't. (I think of you often when I am sitting up high.)

Are you sure the new car can be put on a credit card? Generally auto places don't want to take the hit of the credit card fee.