Friday, November 11, 2005

Breakfast Is The Best Meal Of The Day


I've always been a fan of breakfast. Luckily the man with whom I live feels the same way. A good breakfast can carry you through to dinner. I've always wondered who invented lunch. Just doesn't appeal to me.

When we were in Evergreen visiting Richard and Charlotte we went to two great breakfast places. They like breakfast too. The first is the Wildflower Cafe, a little hole-in-the-wall in downtown Evergreen. I had a skillet breakfast there with the crispiest country fries I've ever had. On top of the fries they piled scrambled eggs, bacon, avocado, salsa and sour cream. Yum! The picture of Richard, Charlotte, Nan and Kerry is taken in front of the cafe.

The next morning we went to Kittredge and ate at a place whose name I can't remember. They are famous for their "smashed" breakfast. The base for the breakfast is homemade mashed potatoes where you can see little flecks of potato skin. For my breakfast they piled big chunks of cream cheese on the potatoes and then added bacon, scrambled eggs, spinach and finally hollandaise sauce. I ate about a fourth of it, took it back to the house where Kerry ate about half of what was left. It was still in the refrigerator when we left. I should have ordered the "half smashed".

No comments: