Thursday, February 17, 2011

A Long Last, Bacon Will Be Back In Our Diet

We belong to a wonderful meat club which allows us to buy beef, pork, lamb, chicken, eggs and even water buffalo from local ranches. What's been missing for nearly a year is bacon. We love bacon. I've bought some at Whole Foods for a while but just didn't feel right about it not be sourced locally.

I finally put the word out on Twitter. Within a matter of hours I was connected with The Foragers who supply bacon as well as a 1/4, 1/2 or whole hog and lots of other meats. I just ordered 3 packages from Tyler who is the Chief Forager. Great title. I can't pick it up until March 12 in Sacramento. That gives me time to decide how I'm going to use it.

Twitter has helped so much in our quest to eat sustainable, organic, local and ethical (SOLE) foods. The web site for our meat club is http://ceplacer.ucdavis.edu/meat_buyers_club/

The web site for The Foragers is http://www.theforagers.com

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Mrs4444 said...

I admire your conviction (and sacrifice--BACON!!!) Happy for you :)

Thank you so much for your supportive comment today--It means a lot. I will check out that show.