Monday, September 20, 2010

A Dog With Many Jobs





















And she's good at all of them. In this photo Harleen is diligently working to keep my side of the bed warm until I return for my nap in about an hour. Then she somewhat ungraciously moves over to Kerry's side. When he comes to nap, then she's stuck in the middle. Her position then is perpendicular to us so one of us gets her butt and one gets her face. Truth be told, I prefer the butt; she snores like a freight train sometimes. And she's too young to pass gas.

She is the family timekeeper; she knows when it's 5 p.m. and time to eat. And she thinks of herself as a vacuum cleaner; she loves to eat anything that lands on the floor.

The cats rely on her for exercise in the house when she chases them. They, however, have taught her the art of cuddling with a cat or two. The yin and yang of animal life.

With the weather changing all the animals have stayed a bit closer to home. The cats normally race out of the animal dorm in the morning. Today that didn't happen. They stayed cuddled together in their little cat bed that sits on top of a dog crate (not being used at the moment). They were bathed in early morning sunlight.

The weather has shifted away from the hellish heat of the summer. We are having mild to cool mornings, early sunsets and great sleeping weather with the windows still open. I'm going to make bread this week now that it's cooler.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Creamy Silver said...

I love having cats but I've always wished they would clean up crumbs and spills like a dog. That would be so handy.

Deb in Portland said...

I've been lurking for some time, but I have to say that I really enjoy your blog. You have a wonderful attitude and outlook towards life. Even though you are aging, your disposition remains positive and cheerful, and you still have lots of enthusiasm and curiosity.

Your topics very quite a bit, which I really enjoy!

Thanks for sharing!