Saturday, October 18, 2008

What's On My Design Wall

Since I've been back from the wedding I've been spending a lot of time with fabric. Being away for ten days sent me into fabric withdrawal. Neither of these pieces is large. The kimono wall hanging is 27" square. The other piece is a table runner which is not quite finished. I still have to add the batting, backing and then quilt it. It's going on the dining room table.

The road runner depicted on it is New Mexico's state bird. I bought the kit for the table runner the last time I was in Albuquerque. Maybe some day I'll give it to the kids. If you click on either photo you can see more details.

I'm still recovering from the emotional and physical tolls of the wedding. With my asthmatic lungs, being at 7,000 feet for about a week was hard. I'm feeling more well rested every day. And the emotion...well, does one ever get over the fact that her child is all grown up and has found someone wonderful to love? I just so glad they found each other. I feel like I can worry less but then I think about the two of them and realize that maybe I have just have to worry twice as much.

I got my microphone for Skype today so we can talk computer to computer with the kids. I'm looking forward to that.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: